Analyze and structure IT with a standardized IT service list
Analyze IT services with the itpilot® methodology
With the IT analysis methodology you can apply itpilot® yourself, and structure, record, evaluate and document IT services in the company using a service catalog. The complete, yet easy to understand system enables web-based inventory, including that of of medium-sized IT environments.
Comprehensive overview of your IT
With itpilot® it becomes clear what your IT costs are, which resources it provides, how they are intertwined, where there are problems and how your IT can be further developed in a meaningful way.
In this way an overview is provided of all used IT services as well as their assessment according to their importance to the company and the state of the art. Based on this list of priorities, the key figures per IT service are recorded and used for sustainable optimization.
Central IT service management
1. Record IT services and assign expenses per IT service
With itpilot® you can easily collect and save the most important parameters for your IT services: hardware / software, cloud components and infrastructure and in doing so classify each IT service. As well as general characteristics, such as location, user or manufacturer, required resources like storage space, number of servers or appliances and information about the operating system, are recorded.
In addition, the acquisition and operating costs for individual IT services are recorded. Your IT availability requirements, including the guaranteed recovery times and the financial consequences and effects on customer relationships in the event of a failure, are analyzed.
In this way you have the option to analyze both the interdependencies of your IT services and the effects of their interactions, as well as examining parameters such as the use of internal and external employees and their responsibilities for various IT services.
- General characteristics: Here you describe the purpose of the IT service, state the locations and the number of users. You also provide information about the manufacturer or supplier and / or whether it is a cloud service.
- Required resources: These provide information on the availability of storage space and / or whether it has been reserved, and the number of servers and appliances as well as the operating system.
- Availabilities / effects: Required and guaranteed recovery times as well as the estimated monetary effects in the event of a failure and the expected effects on customer relationships, are recorded.
- Costs: In addition to the acquisition costs for hardware and software, the monthly operating costs, for leasing, rental, maintenance and updates etc, are recorded.
- Dependencies: Based on experience, the interdependencies of the individual IT services have already been thought out for you.
- Human resources: You assign the use of internal and external personnel resources as well as the responsibilities of the individual employees for the respective IT services.
2. Recognize weak points and assess the need for action
With the itpilot® traffic light system you can see at a glance which applications or components of your IT are particularly critical or where action is needed. ‘Red’ IT services require immediate action. The ‘yellow’ IT services in the IT action plan require action, but are not time-critical. ‘Green’ IT services do not require action, you are on the safe side.
With itpilot® internal and external IT costs, that produce your IT services, are made transparent. Which employees or external service providers are responsible for which IT services is recognized, as well as where there may be redundancies or gaps.
3. Recognize dependencies and risks
Based on the recorded IT services, dependencies and risks to the corporate IT, can be detected. You can see at a glance which other applications or IT services your critical applications depend on and which maximum tolerable downtimes are then required. Use it to analyze your IT holistically and provide meaningful solutions for your IT as a whole.
The most important dependencies have already been analzed for you in advance in itpilot® Meaningful diagrams show at a glance which your central services are, and where bottlenecks can arise.