EFFICIENTLY CREATE AND MAINTAIN CUSTOMER DOCUMENTATION
Every company must create comprehensive documentation of its IT systems. The resulting structure is often complex and does not follow a uniform standard. When searching for information, the employee often has to click through subfolders.
With RevDocs you turn a nested folder structure into a document that becomes “scrollable” and readable in one piece. By following the itpilot method, all your customer documentation follows a consistent structure. RevDocs can display and easily add texts, images and documents. Information becomes more accessible and findable for your technicians.
Rollout in six steps
- License the RevDocs App via itpilot: Contact your itpilot contact for licensing and activation of the RevDocs App.
- For each service, document the relevant information incl. Additional documents: Enter only the information relevant to the service at this point (preferably in MarkDown format) and store accompanying images and documents at the same place.
- Organize the file system according to the classic itpilot structure: Create a folder hierarchy for each customer according to service numbers (e.g. “S001 Active Directory” etc.) with the services to be documented for the customer.
- Adapt the RevDocs style sheet to the CI: RevDocs uses a style sheet file for the generated HTML files, in which you can store the CI (company logo, colors, fonts).
- Install a web server: In order to have comfortable access to the generated documentation and to be able to use all navigation functions, the data should be published via a web server.
- Enable Windows task scheduling for regular automatic documentation creation: depending on the task scheduling setting, RevDocs will update documentation at the specified times in the future and create complete, contiguous HTML files at a selected destination that can be viewed using a browser or, preferably, a web server.